SR-22 Insurance in Arizona
Once you are convicted of a DUI, the MVD may determine that you are a “high-risk” driver and will require you to get an SR-22 or “high risk” insurance. This is a Financial Responsibility insurance form that your insurance company files to prove that you have the minimum liability insurance required by law to the DMV on a monthly basis. This is a crucial factor in the reinstatement of your driving privileges.
The state usually requires people with a DUI conviction to carry an SR-22 insurance for three years after the conviction. As such, your insurance company is mandated to notify the state of changes in your car insurance policies, such as renewals and cancellations, within this period.
People with a DUI conviction aren’t the only ones who are mandated to file for an SR-22. Individuals who have been caught driving without insurance or a license, committed repeat traffic offenses, or incurred too many tickets within a short period could also be required to carry an SR-22 insurance.
Working with a trusted insurance agent that has experience with SR-22 insurance in Arizona ensures that you are properly following the guidelines and will result in a better outcome for your driving privileges to become reinstated.
For three years after conviction of a DUI you are required to maintain an SR-22 high risk insurance policy
- An SR-22 is proof of financial responsibility of vehicle coverage that the Department of Motor Vehicle offices requires for “high risk” insurance policies
- It is required for a certain amount of time, usually 3 years. It is very important to carry continuous insurance during this period or the 3 years will start over and your license may be suspended again
- Once you properly fulfill that, the SR-22 statues will expire. The insurance company files an SR-26 insurance to notify the state that you’ve paid your dues. Make sure to have a trusted insurance agent who has expertise with SR-22 insurance in the state of Arizona
Insurance Coverage under the SR-22
The minimum liability coverage in Arizona and, by extension, the minimum coverage guaranteed by an SR-22 insurance is the 15/30/10 insurance:
- $15,000 – injury or death of one person
- $30,000 – injury or death of more than one person
- $10,000 – damage to property
You can opt for a higher coverage, but choosing the minimum will keep the costs as low as possible.
Filing the actual SR-22 form doesn’t cost much. The fee ranges from $20-$50. The expensive bit is the insurance premiums that comes with a DUI conviction on your MVD record — they’re usually pricier than ordinary policies. And you have to maintain the insurance coverage for the required period.
We don’t recommend bypassing the SR-22 and sitting out the next three years without driving. This doesn’t waive the requirement. Once the three years have elapsed, and you decide to go back to driving, the state may require you to obtain an SR-22 for another three years to reinstate your license.
Filing an SR-22 Insurance Form
To file an SR-22 insurance in AZ, you have to:
- Find insurers. If your auto insurance company doesn’t issue SR-22s, look for an agency that does. DUI Process Experts will connect you with an insurance provider that meets your needs.
- Check the Coverage – Verify if the auto insurance company offers the minimum liability coverage mandated by the state.
- Compare Premiums –Insurance providers look into several factors when calculating insurance premiums, including your:
- Driving record
- Credit score
- Civil status
- Model of your vehicle
- Pay the SR-22 fee. Once you’ve talked to your car insurance company about your requirements, pay the fee to finalize the filing of the form. This covers the services of the insurance company, including filing the SR-22 on your behalf.
- Wait for the Confirmation – Your insurance company will file your SR-22 with the Department of Motor Vehicles and provide you a copy of the SR-22 for your records.
Let’s Get Your License Back
DUI Process Experts helps you manage the circumstances of your DUI conviction in Arizona. We’ll walk you through the SR-22 insurance process, from collecting the requirements to filing the SR-26 at the end of the required period.
With an extensive knowledge of SR-22, our team takes the hassle out of fulfilling your insurance-related duties. Our reliable insurance partner grants you access to a wide array of auto insurance coverages.
The DUI Process Experts team:
- Connects you with an insurance provider offering competitive rates
- Provides same-day quotes
- Boasts over ten years of DUI insurance experience
- Is bilingual
We’re committed to providing the much-needed guidance during these difficult and confusing times. We have vetted our partner to ensure we offer an excellent insurance coverage at reasonable prices.
Think of our team as a concierge. Whatever you need to get your license back — insurance, interlock device, traffic survival school — we’ll help you achieve. And after everything’s done, we offer one last service: cleaning up your record. This will allow you to set aside the DUI from your record.
The best part? Our services are free. We even provide additional discounts when you work with our partners.
Request a Quote Today
Get in touch today for a comprehensive guidance on accomplishing the tasks needed to get your license back, including an SR-22 auto insurance in Arizona.
All the requirements, fees, and premiums will be explained thoroughly, so you can purchase the insurance that matches your needs and financial situation.
Call 602-441-9444 or visit our insurance partner’s website.