Alcohol Screening in Arizona
One of the first steps to complete after a DUI is the Alcohol Screening. The Arizona Department of Transportation requires any person whose driving privileges, license or permit have been suspended due to Driving Under the Influence (DUI) complete an Alcohol or Drug Screening. The Alcohol Screening must be completed by a behavioral specialist at an MVD approved counseling facility.
There are many places to choose from in Arizona but let DPX DUI Process Experts help you find your perfect fit.
To reinstate your driving privileges, you have to take a brief interview with a qualified behavioral health professional. This is a requirement in obtaining a restricted driver’s license, which allows you to legally drive to and from work, school, counseling, and treatment.
Alcohol screening assesses the extent of your alcohol dependence or abuse. Unlike ordinary interviews, this is an in-depth exam and looks into your psychosocial history, changes in tolerance, prior arrests, withdrawal symptoms, personality changes when you’re under the influence, and more.
Its goal is to determine the proper course of action to help you become a more responsible driver. After the screening, the specialist provides a treatment plan and education recommendations.
The treatment usually includes at least 16 hours of DUI education, which touches on:
- Arizona’s DUI laws and penalties
- Alcohol-related statistics in the state
- Blood alcohol content (BAC) levels
- Effects of alcohol on cognition
- Alternatives to drinking
In some cases, the person may be assigned 36 or more hours of DUI treatment, which would delve into concepts related to alcohol abuse, such as:
- Core issues that contribute to alcohol dependence
- Management techniques to avoid relapse
- Coping with fear, anger, sadness, and other negative emotions
- Development of a long-term plan for relapse prevention
Interviewing at Ease
To screen people with a DUI conviction properly, the behavioral professional employs up-to-date interviewing techniques and assessment tools.
Don’t worry, it won’t be harsh interrogation; the interview will feel just like a conversation. Our partners are trained in engaging people, stirring discussions, and, above all, putting them at ease. The screening is a dialogue, where you can freely express your thoughts and experiences.
For our partners, establishing rapport and trust is important. Since the alcohol screening will help improve your disposition toward safe driving, we prioritize open communication and motivational interviewing.
If have a DUI conviction in Arizona, we recommend scheduling your alcohol screening as soon as possible.
- The initial screening will take between 30 minutes and 1 hour
- The course of treatment and education is based upon the results obtained from the DUI screening
- Treatment includes at least 16 hours of DUI education counseling taught by a trained behavioral health professional
Benefits of Using Our Trusted Partners
- Confirmed MVD approved counseling centers
- Variety of convenient locations across Arizona
- Bilingual counselors available
- Online screenings at select locations
- Special offers may apply
The experts at DPX can help walk you through the entire process from start to finish. We understand the importance of getting your license back so you can get back on the road. Our network of partnerships and resources allows us to be your one-stop-shop when it comes to overcoming the challenges of a DUI in Phoenix or the surrounding communities. We’re here to help you!
Call us at 602-441-9444 to schedule your Alcohol Screening appointment today